Relationships

How to Have a Romantic Valentine’s Day under $50

Ah, Valentine’s Day! The holiday that gives couples everywhere an excuse to be extra gushy over one another. When it comes to things to do on the “Day of Love” options are endless. From romantic dinners to private classes, or an intimate night in, there are plenty of ways to make the day a great one. Personally, for me, my boyfriend and I don’t really make a huge deal out of the day. I’d much rather stay in and enjoy the company of the one I love. So instead of putting together a list of gifts to buy and places to go with your partner, I wanted to go a different route. After all, this day is all about love and not so much about material things. Yes, the drugstore candy and roses are cute, but what’s better than good ole’ quality time with the one you love without breaking the bank?

Here are some low-maintenance items you can grab to help you have the best Valentine’s Day Ever!

1.    Set the mood.
Who doesn’t love holiday decorations? I think these rose gold balloons are freaking adorable. They are an upgrade from the typical red, white, and pink decor we normally see.

2.    Tell the story of your love.
I love this “Knock Knock What I Love About You” fill in journal! It’s so cute and such a great way to spell out exactly how you feel about your boo. Personalize it however you want. I’m sure this book will help get your night off to a great start.

3.    Share a toast.
This is a celebration! A celebration of the love you two share. Why not toast to it over some tasty champagne? These champagne flutes are not only unique they are also stylish and inexpensive! I also love that they can be reused for other celebrations.

4.    Enjoy each other’s company!
Life can get hectic at times, making it hard to spend time with your partner. Whether it’s watching a movie or cooking a delicious meal together. Appreciate the time you share. My boyfriend and I are pretty competitive so playing board games are fun. I love playing Jenga! I feel like it’s a great fit on any occasion.

I hope all you lovebirds have a wonderful and safe Valentine’s Day! XOXO

*This post contains affiliate links

Courtney
    February 10, 2018 at 4:39 pm

Great post and awesome ideas. I’m actually doing a similar post and it’s crazy how in line we are!! Bae isn’t super into all these man made holidays either, but I am soooo lol

lola
    February 10, 2018 at 4:52 pm

i love these tips, very simple ideas, we do not always have to spend money to enjoy each others company

corinne & kirsty
    February 11, 2018 at 10:08 pm

I am not really big on Valentine’s Day and my bf won’t be around so I guess this year I will save money no matter what! these are great ideas though!

Noelle Lynne
    February 12, 2018 at 12:41 am

Love the rose colored balloons, such a great idea and so much more affordable then over priced roses. And of course agree on the toast, nothing like a little bubbly to say ‘I love you.’

Vivian
    February 12, 2018 at 3:04 am

My husband and I don’t really have much of a habit of celebrating Valentine’s day either. That being said, more than happy to use it as an excuse to toast some champagne!

IG | @viviyunn_

~

melanie
    February 12, 2018 at 1:02 pm

Such a fab article and the main thing is to deffo enjoy each others company. I love a nice heart balloon or two for sure x

February 12, 2018 at 1:48 pm

You provided some really good ideas here, you do not have to spend a lot on VDay at all, after all how much you spend celebrating is not important as love is priceless 🙂

Cia Black
    February 12, 2018 at 2:00 pm

I am all about budget friendly deas and with the rising cost of valentine day items this is going to be key, for students (college or high school) and parents or well anyone o a budget.

Ithfifi
    February 12, 2018 at 7:08 pm

I like these ideas for staying in and for having a good budget. I think its crazy how much some people spend on Valentines day. I am single so I wont be up to much, I could do #3 on my own though, haha.

Flora the Sweaterist
    February 12, 2018 at 9:23 pm

You’ve raised great points! There is no use in bankrupting oneself over Valentine’s Day, since the basic idea would be to show our love, not the amount of money stored on our bank account. Love is not something we could put a price tag on, and even if you keep VDay simple, it can be magical.

Shadlyn
    February 13, 2018 at 1:19 am

This really great idea! I’m on budget right now and you gave me great idea for Valentine’s day.

Tiffany Yong
    February 13, 2018 at 4:50 am

Haha… I should share this post with my boyfriend and see what he does on Valentine’s Day which is tomorrow! All I am looking for was something simple though~

Shubhada Bhide
    February 13, 2018 at 9:46 am

These are some awesome ideas! I am looking for a Valentine’s Day on a budget. and this would be perfect. Thanks for sharing!!

Preet
    February 13, 2018 at 2:23 pm

Such amazing ideas, spending time with each other is the best thing one can do. I am looking forward to spending time with my husband on this Valentine’s Day as we rarely get some time together after kids.

Joss R
    February 13, 2018 at 10:27 pm

Such amazing ideas!!I’m on budget right now and you gave me great idea for Valentine’s day

acupofassamtea
    February 13, 2018 at 10:50 pm

Nowadays, after having kids, i feel the time is the great gift we could give each other. By the way, love your post.

victoria
    February 14, 2018 at 5:17 pm

Life is truly hectic and the important thing is to spend time with each other doing the things you both love to do.

Lenka Dvorakova
    February 14, 2018 at 5:58 pm

Happy Valentines Day! Yes, there so many ways to spend this day of love and make presents. I personally love when my boyfriend and I go on a trip together as a present.

Nicole Flint
    February 15, 2018 at 3:50 am

These are great options! You don’t have to spend a lot of money to have fun!