Relationships

A Single’s Survival Guide to Valentine’s Day

Valentine’s Day is a widely celebrated day of love and romance – and it will be here before we know it. Couples and lovebirds come out in droves to show their love and appreciation for one another with gifts, roses, and an overload of chocolates. If you’re single, I’m sure this day can be annoying if you allow it to. Many of us don’t like being made to feel like we’re intentionally being left out especially because of our relationship status! Trust me, I’ve been there. I say enough with all that. Self-love is the most important form of love there is. And the love you have for yourself should be celebrated! If you’re single, you have as much right as anyone to enjoy your Valentine’s Day as you see fit.

Here are some ways you can have a kick-ass Valentine’s Day:

1.    Link up with other singles!
I feel like this is mandatory! Grab dinner and drinks, go dancing at a single’s party, or check out a horror movie. Whatever you choose, enjoy yourself! There are plenty of other single people out there that are ready to have just as much fun as you are!

2.    Treat yourself.
Duh! Take this as an opportunity to do something nice for yourself. Have you been eyeing a pair of shoes? Get them! Been wanting a spa day? Book it! Like those roses? Get them! The power is yours boo.

3.    Netflix & Chill: Solo
Take advantage of the opportunity to curl up and catch up on all the movies/television shows you’ve been meaning to watch! Grab your favorite bottle of wine, order some take out and chill.

4.    Capitalize on the holiday!
That’s right. With all those couples out on dates and whatnot, you can use this opportunity to make some money! Maybe you can babysit their children, walk their dogs, or give them a ride! If you have a car and valid drivers license, companies like Lyft make it super easy to register and start earning. Since most people will be out on the town, you can anticipate making money easily! If you’re interested, feel free to use my code to register here.

Tina
    February 1, 2018 at 4:09 pm

Yes for treating your self! I love a good reason for some extra self care!!

kumamonjeng
    February 2, 2018 at 1:24 pm

Can’t agree more of your point but I love the feature picture the best and the latex skirt 🙂

Cindy
    February 2, 2018 at 3:00 pm

I love your idea of capitalizing on the holiday! Might as well make some cash and buy yourself something sweet!

Ithfifi
    February 3, 2018 at 12:49 pm

I’m single for this Valentines day and I am happy to see a post focusig on us singles, its a nice change. I think I’ll be doing a whole bunch of 2 and 3, Self pampering session with netflix!

Melanie
    February 3, 2018 at 1:27 pm

Some great tips here. Netwroking with other singles is a super idea. I totally agree with the treat yourself point 🙂 x

Courtney
    February 3, 2018 at 4:56 pm

Funny, I can’t remember the last Valentine’s Day I spent alone, lol. But these are all things I would do. Especially splurge on something nice and go out with other singles! Great post boo.

Consuella

Lyosha
    February 4, 2018 at 8:55 am

Sounds like a good idea if you spend it alone. I kinda don’t remember me being sinle that day really but your tips are sure useful!

Liz T
    February 4, 2018 at 3:09 pm

Despite being in a long term relationship, I’ve never been a fan of Valentine’s Day. So I love the idea of capitalizing on the day! Brilliant! Everything is so commercial these days, why let the card and gift companies gain all the benefit?!

February 4, 2018 at 3:13 pm

Valentine’s Day is often so frowned upon by singletons, so well done you for showing ways in which everyone can make it a good day. Meeting and having fun with your other single friends is a great idea. It sure doesn’t need to be a ‘lonely’ day!

Preet
    February 4, 2018 at 6:00 pm

Some amazing tips here.Capitalizing on the day is a great idea. I like the treat yourself point too

Nadia
    February 5, 2018 at 2:53 am

Love your tips. Who says Valentine’s Day is just for couples. To me its another day, another day I get to treat myself.

Shubhada Bhide
    February 5, 2018 at 5:40 am

These are some awesome tips. Valentine’s Day not just for the couples, even singles can still celebrate Valentine’s Day.

Lebogang Xolo
    February 5, 2018 at 1:23 pm

There’s absolutely something beautiful about self love. Just taking time to yourself and enjoying your own company. I love this post.

Wytrina Wright
    February 5, 2018 at 6:13 pm

This is definitely a way to thrive and not just survive as a single on Valentine’s Day!!!! Great suggestions

Ana Ojha
    February 5, 2018 at 9:07 pm

This year Valentine’s day is on Wednesday, therefore I’ll be working through the day and maybe. in the evening I’ll go out for dinner. I liked your survival guide especially hanging out with other single friends!

Fabiola
    February 6, 2018 at 5:50 pm

Such an overrated holiday. My other half and I celebrate V Day on a random day, like, we are going to the Rome and Juliet ballet on the 22nd of February.

Cleo
    February 6, 2018 at 8:45 pm

Love the treat yourself! I fully agree! Defo getting a new pair of shoes

Diana
    February 6, 2018 at 9:47 pm

Netflix and chill sounds so good! But capitalize on the holiday made me laugh, haha, that’s the right attitude haha

Anshul Gupta
    February 7, 2018 at 8:15 am

Number 4 is good!!. And treat yourself with all the money earned.

Noelle Lynne
    February 7, 2018 at 8:38 am

Nothing like a much needed Netflix and Chill by yourself 🙂 I am really looking forward to just treating myself this Valentines day!

Sue-Tanya
    February 7, 2018 at 4:02 pm

Oh child! How perfect is this. Right in time before all the valentines day madness starts 🙂 Thanks for doing this post repping for the singles out there

Esmy Sy
    February 7, 2018 at 5:49 pm

I used to do number 4 back then. To me, Valentine’s Day is a special day I always celebrating every day! So the day itself is just another blogging opportunity for me.

Evelyn Foreman
    February 7, 2018 at 8:02 pm

My favorite is number three Netflix and chill out. There’s nothing like spending quality time alone to rekindle the love that is within 💗

Joss R
    February 7, 2018 at 8:11 pm

I always take time to spend it with the ones I love not just with my bf. So i take my mom to the movies, eat have lunch with my friend and we chiil out with Netflix with my bf

Joanna
    February 8, 2018 at 7:37 am

Valentine’s Day is just another commercial day to make money for businesses. It shouldn’t interfere with how single people feel. Couples know that love is celebrated every day, not only on the 14th of February.

Sophie
    February 8, 2018 at 1:10 pm

I never even thought to take advantage of that last idea. Genius! Going to give it a think this afternoon and see what I can come up with.